Wednesday 7 May 2014

A theory that's so catastrophic !

  How Indian cinemas work? Curious ? Okay, imagine that the film directors are writing a screenplay examination. Now there are few who write on their own, some who are dependent on these fellas, some are too cool to write anything at all (Mass hero script, maybe!) and some who bring ready made answer sheets probably borrowed from an alumnus.Wait. No, I'm not talking about 'Oru Kanniyum blah blah blah.' And I have no
idea about it's original (is it 12-B? Man I've no idea).

 Now that if you've watched these films and the concept (singular) was appealing, then you might like this theory too. I'm not going to talk about how each and every second is important as I have no idea about that. But I am going to talk about (Marvel fans. Prepared to be surprised.) parallel universe.
  
 This many-worlds theory, also called as Catastrophe Theory, states that there is an infinite number of universes that are influenced by the past that could have happened in our universe but did not. So basically there's an universe where greatest singers like Justin Bieber, Drake, Lil Wayne give up singing soon after realizing they are good at Farmville. Alas, people would definitely miss their voices. 

  And there's an universe where movies have actual plot, Vijay Tv serials are watchable, and my articles are readable. In a parallel India, parents no more force their children to choose engineering (or medicine). I guess you get it. The other day, during my GenaralCourse examination, I was imagining a story about how a small hero brings a big difference to the world. An universe, where listening to the music is forbidden, filled with music compressor everywhere and me destroying these compressors with an ultrasonic fusion guitar might be too much to hear but I'm willing to give this story to the producer if he agrees to make me the hero of the film.

 It's not just me. Everyone would've had such vivid imaginations. And 'what would have happened if I had taken the other path?' is a question that arises in each and everyone's mind. Rewind your memory to a 'last bunked the class' location (make use of the Animus if you have one). It's a grey Friday, and you're too lazy to get up and attend the class. So what do you do? 
 Track 1. <You go back to sleep> <Wake up an hour later> <Boring serials on the television> <You already finished watching Breaking Bad> <The next Game Of Thrones episode is not aired yet> <And you think 'I shouldn't have bunked. At least I would been with my friends'><Regret mode activated>

Track 2. <You get up from your bed hesitantly> <Student mode activated; Get ready in 10 minutes> <Go to college and realize first hour is GC> <Your bestie is on leave> <No fun with friends> <And you think 'I shouldn't have come. At least I would have watched television programs'> <Regret mode activated>

There are infinite number of tracks with infinite number of alternatives. But there's one ideal track that remains constant. In every universe. i.e

Ideal Track. <You go back to sleep/You get up from your bed> <Wake up an hour later/Get ready in 10 minutes> <Boring serials on the television/Go to college and realize first hour is GC> <And you think 'It's a path I've chosen. And I respect my decision>

 What do you think about the ideal track? A decision always doesn't lead to 'happily ever after.' To be precise no decision leads to 'happily ever after.' You have to make your life happily ever after. It's you who have to respect your decisions. Respect yourself.  At the same time if you want to ruin your life and it's entirely your decision, happily ruin your life. But do not blame the society. Because it's your decision. 

  Life is like an MRPG (Massive Role Playing Game). There are several paths to be taken, there are several decisions to be made, but only that this game offers no quick save, quick load, restart (There's a quit button. Use it <EVIL LAUGH> Wait just kidding. Don't give up). This is one of such games for which prima didn't make money by selling walk-through guide. It's a game where there are beautiful musics, movies,video games, novels, comics, animes, people,nature,art and so on. It's a game -- okay you get it already. 

 So if you're thinking about how dull your life is, if you're still immersed in the alternate reality, in your parallel universe, my advice for you is; wake up. Because there's no alternate reality. The theory itself is catastrophic. If you have chosen a path and are thinking about why you missed some other path, remember it's not going to be better or worse. It's going to be same as this one provided you do not regret taking the path. So my friends, if you are reading this article and regret reading this (I don't regret writing this even though it sucks) remember you chose this path(and there's a next time). Enjoy your game. 

P.S: In an alternate universe I'm an invincible superhero.
       

Subtitle: An article that's so catastrophic !

Writer: Srivittal 
  

  

1 comment:

  1. such an insightful blog... started as a playful article but ended with some really deep thoughts... keep writing...

    ReplyDelete